Yum!! I saw this on Pinterest here and immediately knew it was on my list to bake! Ryan and I love the chocolate lava cake from chilis! Guilty! These are so far from healthy, but they are so delicious! At least I made the mini version, right? :)
2tbs melted butter to prep pan
2 tbs coco to prep pan
3/4 cup butter
12 oz chocolate chips (I liked semi sweet)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1. Prepare cupcake pan by coating each one with butter and cocoa. I just kinda swirled the butter around with the back of my spoon then did the same with coco.
2. For batter- place chocolate chips in a microwave bowl.
3. Add butter and cream on top.
4. Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring between) until smooth
5. Let chocolate cool slightly
6. Add sugar, flour & eggs
8. Pour into prepared cupcake pan
8. Let sit for at least one hour or up to a couple days!
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes for a regular 12 pan cupcake size. Just until the outside has set. The top will not look quite done in the center. Check with a knife to see if a thick pudding consistency in center.
Let them cool for 5 minutes then place a flat cookie sheet on top. Time to flip! Invert the pan, mine fell out fairly easily. One or two needed a little help.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream! I added some powdered sugar on top :)
Melt and stir, melt and stir!
Pretty and smooth! Add sugar, flour, & eggs!
Fill up each prepared cup! I filled all the way to top! It only puffed up a little.
See how the tops are a little dark? Baked, but not quite? I kept putting it in two minutes longer because I felt like it was not baked enough. Some of mine ended up not being pudding like in the center :/ they were still yummy though! so don’t worry! 10-12 minutes will do fine!
Flip them out of the pan and enjoy! I used a cheese grater to “sift” powder sugar on top to make them look pretty :)
My friend Allison and her boyfriend loved them! Mom, KK, & Ryan did also :) I will make these again! They are so convenient since they can be prepared the day before!
Until next time…