I am trying out this recipe —Mango-Kiwi Salmon
1 tbs Honey
2 tsp low sodium Soy Sauce
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
4 (6oz) Salmon Fillets
1/2 cup diced peeled mango (about 1 mango)
1/2 cup cubed peeled kiwi (about 1 kiwi)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
1. Thaw salmon (I bought ours frozen at Walmart)
2. Mix honey, soy sauce, olive oil, and black pepper in a zip top bag or sealable container
3. Add fish to container and cover with marinade. Marinate 10-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
While the fish marinates, prepare the relish.
Mix the mango, kiwi, OJ, & cilantro in a bowl
1. Dice a mango- I cut the mango in half on either side of the hard pit located in the middle
2. Take one half of the mango and using a knife, slice a grid.
3. Pop the center out
4. Cut off the cubes!
Repeat with other half
Fresh squeezed orange juice!
Now you are ready to heat up the stove or grill!
1. Spray skillet with Pam or oil, heat grill pan or large non stick skillet over medium-high heat
2. Remove fish from bag and discard marinade
3. Add fish, cook 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes with a fork
I like to have a glass of wine while I cook. I think it makes me a better chef (;
Serve Salmon topped with mango-kiwi relish. We like to pair it with some delish veggies!