Wait, what? Cauliflower? Mashed like potatoes? Is this real life?! Yes, and it actually tasted delectable!!
I referenced this wonderful blog!
I read the comments and used some of their suggestions. I did not have sour cream or Greek yogurt so I tried out the milk!
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets, cut off as much stem as possible
1 red potato (I didn’t peel mine)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tbs parmesan
1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup sour cream
1. Fill a pot with 1 1/2 inches of water
2. Fit a steamer basket over the pot and bring to a boil
3. Place chopped potato and cauliflower into steamer basket and cover
4. Let cook 12-15 minutes, until you can easily pierce with a fork
5. Drain well.
6. Return to pot on stove with heat turned off
7. Let sit for 5 minutes to let the excess water evaporate
8. Add salt, pepper, parmesan, and milk ( or sour cream)
9. Mash and whip to desired consistency
10. Sprinkle with chives
I did not have a steamer basket, but then I realized my rice cooker has a little basket and fit the pot perfectly ! Maybe you have one too and you forgot ;)
Some say these taste a little gritty. I didn’t think they were!